Monday, October 20, 2008

Rolling Tribute

One of my favorite objects, this model truck is a detailed replica of an actual semi-truck and trailer a MN truck driver created as a traveling memorial to September 11th. The model truck is detailed on both sides and even remote-controlled. The actual semi-truck is an example of the meaning September 11th took on for Americans everywhere, and the ways they connected with this tragic event. The toy replica is meant for those who can't own the real thing, and want their own rolling tribute. More thoughts to come on this object.



Here are some additional details about the story behind the actual truck that this was based on:

Their names are John & Amy Holmgren. They live in Shafer Minn. They thought this would be a nice tribute to the people that lost their lives. It has every name of each person that lost their life on 9-11. This concept was thought up by John and Amy, and totally paid for by them. John says he will be awhile paying the loan off that he had to take out to do it but, thought this was the least he could do. Applied Graphics in Fargo ND did most of the work and Paul Kosenski did the Hand painting. He said that he got to meet the Country Singer Darryl Worley, who Sang the song "Have You Forgotten" and has gotten pulled over 3 times by the police just to get their picture taken by this truck. (I would have pulled him over too!!) He plans on attending the Mid America Truck show in Louisville KY in March. I thought our employees may enjoy seeing the pics. It is called the Rolling 9-11 Memorial, it has all the names of the people that were killed on that day and the flights they were on plus some other graphics on the side of the Tractor.

9-11 Rolling Memorial Truck Pictures
Cab Picture
Cab Picture 2
Hood of Truck
Rear of Truck
Side of Truck
Side 2
Side 3
Side 4

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Where do I find the remote and the battery pack with charger for this truck

Macguyver said...

I just got this truck still in the box was wondering what it is worth does anybody know

Unknown said...

Does anyone know where I can buy one. I was at 9/11 with my FD. I want this truck.

Unknown said...

I have one if you're interested. Contact me on Facebook, Dorothy Forbes Couch, Road Oklahoma

Suzq3411 said...

I have one as well. You may contact me at suzq3411@gmail.com

Suzq3411 said...

I have one as well. You may contact me at suzq3411@gmail.com