Number 612 (of 2819), this is a Spyderco World Trade Center knife. A special tribute and fundraising effort, it incorporates WTC steel in the Twin Towers silhouette on the handle.
Info from Spyderco's website about this knife:
Spyderco's World Trade Center Fundraising Knife Project began when Spyderco's owners and employees deeply wanted to contribute to a cause we felt strongly about -- helping the surviving families of the fire and police personnel that perished on September 11, 2001. A commendable outlet for doing just that was the New York Police and Fire Widow's and Children's Benefit Fund*. At the project's inception unique challenges were met by a number of same-feeling people who made it all happen. In honor of the fallen members of the Saving And Serving community we designed a variation of a sheepfoot rescue model with our new Ball Bearing Lock set in a black FRN handle. There are a total of 2819 numbered pieces, one for every life lost that day. Making the knife extraordinary is an inlay of the Twin Towers skyline cut from a steel girder retrieved from World Trade Center Tower One it is set flush into the handle. The knife is presented in a custom box of cocobolo wood. $225. per knife with all profits going to the New York Police and Fire Widow's and Children's Benefit Fund. Our gratitude for those who are helping us make this a reality.
- Police Lt. John McArdle (NYPD)
- Police Officer Jerome Kazlauskas (NYPD)
- Police Officer Jerome Maier (NYPD)
- Police Officer Juan Gonzalez (NYPD)
- Jeff Silman
- Police Officer John D'Allara and Family New York
- Judd Evans, Evergreen, CO
- Joe Rogers, Rogers Wire EDM Service, Arvada, CO
- Darrell Lewis, Bodycote Metallurgical Coatings, Greensboro, NC
- The Spyderco Crew, Golden, CO